After School Care
- Offer a safe environment that fosters optimal development.
- Employ a sufficient number of qualified, well-trained staff.
- Encourage staff-parent interaction.
- Balance activities to include structured and unstructured time, teacher-directed and child-initiated experiences, and a range of activities.
- Capitalize on the interests of the children and opportunities for informal, social learning.
- Communicate clear, consistent expectations and limits to children.
- Provide indoor and outdoor space for active play, and places for socialization and private time.